lunes, 12 de agosto de 2013

Recoil Winders cable management system delivers

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gadgeteer/recoil-winders-cable-management-system-delivers/5809









Summary: From Kickstarter project to reality, Recoil Winders does what it claimed to do
On February 22nd I decided to become a backer of a cool cable management system called Recoil Winders. At the time I had debated about backing a couple of different projects on Kickstarter, but I wasn't sure if they would ever deliver. Case in point, Matt Miller wrote up an article about being wary of Kickstarter projects for that very reason.
Thankfully, not only did Recoil Winders come to market, but the company over delivered. After backing it on February 22nd, I continued to receive progress updates, which included a behind-the-scenes look at how it was being manufactured, a change in the design at the last minute, and more. I definitely felt like I was in the mix, and not just a customer. As I mentioned, we were notified of a change in design, which also meant a delay in shipping. Instead of just telling us shipping was delayed, we were told that it would be the 3rd week of May, and that we would be receiving an extra Recoil Winder for our troubles. Needless to say, I was feeling good about my backing.
Fast forward to May 23rd and we received notice that the first 500 pieces had shipped. Mine arrived shortly thereafter.
Now that I've been using the kit for a bit I have to say that it works just as expected, if not better. You can see from the picture below that the stand holds the Recoil Winders, and that they definitely look professional and seem to be holding up to the wear and tear of my daily use.
You can also see how easy it is to wind up your cords on the Recoil Winder. Just create the loop by lining up your cord, put the loop on the hook (see below), and pull.
If you're interested in your own set of Recoil Winders, you can order them at RecoilWinders.com in a variety of combinations.
See the Recoil Winders in action below.
I'm hoping that I have a similar experience with the other project I backed: the Pebble.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario